Thursday, July 27, 2017

The older generations are now more tech savvy and were the secret weapon behind Donald Trump’s campaign...

Yesterday I had to go to the AT&T store to activate my phone. Why? Because since the AT&T merger with DirecTV their website has become a cluttered cesspool of junk. That speaks volumes considering their website has always been bogged down with useless information. It took multiple search engine alterations to navigate their website to find the sim card activation page. After a few attempts of trying to enter my information I finally resigned myself to trudging to their store.

The only reason I even tolerate AT&T’s website is because I hate going to their store and dealing with my own age group. It might come as a surprise to many, but I can’t be bothered with Millennials working in tech stores. There’s too many haphazard sales pitches and bullshit techno worship from my own generation related to technology. I don’t care about the latest model of the exact same phone I already own because it’s a bit thinner or the screen is slightly wider.

But, this trip was different…

The AT&T store I went to was employed with middle aged women. After a quick scan I realized nobody behind the counter was under the age of fifty. The woman who entered my information was quick and efficient. There wasn’t any finger pecking on her tablet as I would’ve expected. She knew all the plans and the best way to set up my new account. I was out of the store in five minutes with no problems. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. 113-year-old woman lies about her age to join Facebook...
  2. 85-year-old graduates from college, finds job...
  3. 100-year-old Brazilian goes to school to learn to read and write...
  4. Surfing the net aged just three, the hi-tech toddlers...

No comments:

Post a Comment