Sunday, November 15, 2015

Let's pray for Beirut the same way we are praying for Paris...

As a writer, my introductions are normally hard. I need a line that can introduce my body of words in a catchy, yet narrowed way. But for the first time ever, my introduction isn’t as arduous as I thought.

“I am from Lebanon.”

Lebanon is that tiny country that stands between Syria and Israel. We’re only 10,452 kilometers square, hence, hard to spot on a map.

To start off, we sincerely express our solidarity with Paris after yesterday’s terror attacks.

Everybody knows what happened in Paris and the death toll from the series of orchestrated attacks.

On the contrast, allow me to tell you what half of the world “doesn’t” know, or perhaps chooses to ignore.

Two suicide bombings took place yesterday in Southern Beirut. Forty individuals were killed and 200 were injured. Shops were damaged, families were killed. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Muslims all over the world condemn terrorism, express solidarity with French...
  2. Vladimir Putin accuses US of backing terrorism in Middle East...
  3. Iran’s president blames U.S. for Middle East violence...
  4. Syrian child refugees forced to sell flowers on Beirut streets...
  5. Picture of desperate Syrian man selling pens in Lebanon's streets with...

No comments:

Post a Comment