Sunday, March 01, 2015

Boris Nemtsov: 'I'm afraid Putin will kill me,' Russian opposition politician said weeks before being shot dead...

The Russian opposition politician shot dead in Moscow had spoken of his fear that Vladimir Putin would have him killed weeks before his murder.

Speaking to Russia's Sobesednik news website on 10 February, Boris Nemtsov said: "I'm afraid Putin will kill me. I believe that he was the one who unleashed the war in the Ukraine. I couldn't dislike him more."

Friends said he had received anonymous death threats over the internet.

"Boris periodically received anonymous threats on social networking sites...Boris was worried," said opposition politician Ilya Yashin.

"He said he was under threat but never wanted additional security. (He said) if they want to kill (me) they will kill (me).”

Mr Nemtsov was shot four times in the back by a gunman in a car as he crossed a bridge in view of the Kremlin just before midnight on Friday, police said. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Pussy Riot: I can't breathe...
  2. Litvinenko accused Vladimir Putin of being a 'paedophile who ordered his murder'
  3. Russian dissident Alexander Litvinenko 'was victim of state directed murder'
  4. The tsar shows mercy, but the message remains the same: Don’t mess with me...
  5. Vladimir Putin creating 'worst human rights climate since Soviet times'
  6. Russian activist sent to mental institution, echoing Soviet era...

No comments:

Post a Comment