Saturday, August 23, 2014

Belgium burka ban: Diplomat rips off Qatari princess' niqab...

A senior Brussels diplomat and chief of protocol has admitted to removing the veil of a Qatari princess by force.

Jean-Marie Pire, 60, is employed by the Brussels council to welcome foreign dignitaries to the Belgian capital and heart of the European Union.

He was approached by the wealthy woman and two female companions in central Brussels, asking for directions to the famous Grand Palace when the diplomat removed the woman's niqab, a black full-face veil.

"I said I don't talk to anyone if I can't see their face," said Pire. "With this reply, I wanted to make it clear that the veil is banned in Belgium.

"Because the person asking me a question didn't seem to hear me, I lifted her veil. I know I shouldn't have done that, but what she did wasn't legal either!" Full story...

Related posts:
  1. ‘Jilboobs’ raise clerical hackles in Indonesia...
  2. It’s a French woman’s duty to wear a bikini, says ex-minister...
  3. France bans the burqa...
  4. Muslim TV anchor in Malaysia suspended for cutting her hair...
  5. Female Iranian communists organize topless protest against hijabs in Stockholm...
  6. Sudanese woman Amira Osman Hamed refuses to cover her head, faces flogging...

No comments:

Post a Comment