Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sorry, but I don't give out personal information...

(...)

The gentleman behind the counter tallied it up and as I handed him a $20 bill, he said, “Your name?”

I looked at him, baffled.

He repeated himself, “What’s your name?” I said, “Why do you ask?”

He said, “I need it to set up your account.”

I replied, “That’s okay, I don’t need an account. I’d just like to purchase these boxes.”

He said, “You have to have an account, that is how our computer system works.”

I said, “Are you telling me that I cannot purchase these boxes unless I give you my name?”

He sighed and stopped just short of rolling his eyes. “I just work here and that is the way we do things, ma’am.”

I told him, “I know it seems like I am being difficult, but I don’t give out personal information. I’m sorry, but I guess I will just have to buy my boxes elsewhere.” Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Facial recognition: is the technology taking away your identity?
  2. Living in a world where your appliances spy on you...
  3. Born to shop...
  4. The dirty secret of Black Friday "discounts"
  5. Black Friday: A shameful orgy of materialism for a morally bankrupt nation...

No comments:

Post a Comment