Saturday, May 10, 2014

Indian teen committed suicide after mother ‘banned her from Facebook’

A teenager committed suicide after her mother ordered her to close her Facebook account, it has been claimed.

Aditi Gupta, 13, from India, was found hanged in her bedroom hours after her mother Mohana berated her for spending too much time on the social network.

Mrs Gupta, 36, told her daughter before she left for work: ‘I want that Facebook account closed by the time I come home.’

She told police: ‘When I was about to leave, my daughter was sitting in front of the computer. I was angry because she was spending a lot of time on social networking.

‘I told her she was too young to be on Facebook and was wasting her time.’

Mrs Gupta said she could not believe her daughter would end her life over ‘something so trivial’. Source...

Related posts:
  1. Prevented from using Facebook, Indian girl commits suicide...
  2. Swedish teen girl's suicide prompts cyberbullying probe...
  3. Saudi father kills Facebook daughter...
  4. Teens are officially leaving Facebook...

No comments:

Post a Comment