Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Confessions of the last human being without a mobile phone...

I’ve been part of a few fads in my lifetime: Wearing Nikes, sleeping in a bed, reading The Hunger Games. I’m writing this on an Apple MacBook and I’ve driven a convertible Jeep in the sun. I’ve blogged. I’ve tweeted. I’ve worked 50 or more hours a week for months on end. So in many ways, I’m an average 37-year-old guy, except for one thing.

I’ve never owned a mobile phone.

I know – I’m supposed to be embarrassed. Or at least that’s what I think I’m supposed to be. People are embarrassed for me. My little sister introduced me at a party this past year by saying, “This is my brother Peter. He doesn’t own a mobile phone.” Apparently this is key information during an introduction to a stranger.

And last week, a woman on the street asked to borrow my phone for a minute.

When I said, “I’m sorry, ma’am. I don’t own one,” she looked horrified.

She said, “Are you OK?”

 “Am I OK? Well, honestly... I’m not sure.” Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Get off the phone...
  2. I forgot my phone...
  3. Put your phone down...
  4. Life without a cell-phone...
  5. Americans prefer smartphones over sex, says poll...
  6. Happiness is resisting answering your mobile phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment