Tuesday, August 13, 2013

'Oprah's a liar': Sales assistant in Swiss racist handbag row hits back...

The sales assistant who refused to show U.S. talkshow billionaire Oprah Winfrey a luxury handbag costing nearly £25,000 claims the superstar lied about what happened in the luxury Swiss boutique where she works.

Speaking anonymously to Sunday newspaper SonntagsBlick, the Italian bag lady said she felt 'powerless' and in the grip of a 'cyclone' after Winfrey went on TV in America to claim she had been the victim of racism.

(...)

Now the saleslady has hit back, stating: 'I wasn't sure what I should present to her when she came in on the afternoon of Saturday July 20 so I showed her some bags from the Jennifer Aniston collection.

'I explained to her the bags came in different sizes and materials, like I always do.

'She looked at a frame behind me. Far above there was the 35,000 Swiss franc crocodile leather bag.

'I simply told her that it was like the one I held in my hand, only much more expensive, and that I could show her similar bags. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Rights group blasts Oprah Winfrey over crocodile bag in Zurich shop...
  2. Swiss luxury goods store denies any wrongdoing over Oprah Winfrey 'misunderstanding'
  3. The Oprah Winfrey cult?
  4. The Church of Oprah??? WTF!

No comments:

Post a Comment