Thursday, August 29, 2013

Life without a cell-phone...

Being a developer, I really need long stretches of uninterrupted time to get wired in and be productive. Having a cell phone quickly became a nightmare as I grew my client base. I would get a call every half a hour or so, and that was pretty disrupting to my work, since I had to start over 1,000 times, and right when I got back to work the phone would ring again.

Turning it off or worse yet not answer? People would accuse me that I was ignoring them on purpose, even if I’d call them back, and they’d say stuff like “what if it was an emergency! You’re not reliable”, bla bla bla.

When I decided to take the opportunity to drop the cell phone thing once and for all, I was a little scared. I was scared that clients would complain, and take their business elsewhere.

Then, I thought: all right, I might lose 50% of my clients, but I bet I’ll be at least 100% more productive, so I’ll still make the same amount of money (make sense somehow?)!

You know what happened? I didn’t lose a single client (and yes, I’m at least 100% more productive than I used to be). Full story...

Related posts:
  1. I forgot my phone...
  2. Heroic theatregoer smashes cell-phone, gets thrown out...
  3. Put your phone down...
  4. Judge fines himself for smartphone use!!!
  5. LA restaurant offers 5% discount to diners who check in their cell-phones...
  6. Surge in 'digital dementia'

No comments:

Post a Comment