Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lack of women’s safety isn’t just an Indian phenomenon; it holds a global passport...

(...)

The thoughts I want to share are as a woman, who is from India but has travelled a bit of Asia, and knows what RoseChasm, twoseat andAishu88 from CNN ireport are talking about. However, what I would like to point out is that over-sexed men who grope and stare, jerk off or touch you are not restricted to India.

I have been propositioned by strangers passing me in a car, in supermarkets, even on my way to work almost every day in Oman.

I’ve been in a cab in KL where the cab driver started jerking off mid-day, in the best part of the city on the way to one of the hippest malls there, while asking me if my husband and I use a condom while having sex.

I’m not spilling my private thoughts here to incite hate. It is my hope that one can see the global cancer that is corrupting every known culture – and India is not unique in its position as a women molesting country.

As an Indian, I would say the following to my younger sister, and I would say the following to any traveller coming into my country. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Is India a nation of rapists and killers?
  2. Steubenville: this is rape culture's Abu Ghraib moment...
  3. Rapes are a worldwide problem...
  4. A rape a minute, a thousand corpses a year...
  5. Muslim gang-rapes across Europe under-reported in press?
  6. Babies as young as six months victims of rape in Congo war...
  7. Girl, 14, raped by two men on bus in Glasgow...
  8. Rape in the US military: America's dirty little secret...
  9. Mauritanian women denounce violence, rape...

No comments:

Post a Comment