Monday, February 13, 2012

Birmingham woman gets French accent after seizures...

A mum of two told yesterday how she emerged from a gruelling bout of the flu – with a French accent.

Birmingham-born Debie Royston has never been to France but now speaks with a bizarre Gallic twang after suffering a series of seizures.

Debie, 40, was unable to speak at all for a month but when her voice returned it had changed.

She said: “I had a bad seizure and when it stopped my mouth wouldn’t work. Over the next month, I had to learn to speak again. But when I did, I heard a different sound, not my Brummie accent. I sounded French but I’ve never even been there. People say to me, ‘Where are you from?’ and when I say ‘Birmingham’ they say, ‘No, you’re French’.” Full story...

Don't miss:
  1. Teen girl speaks in 'strange language' after accident...
  2. Scottish woman wakes up with an Italian accent...
  3. Strokes, and Foreign Accent Syndrome...
  4. Sign language in Oxford Street...
  5. Unusual illnesses: Curiouser and curiouser...
  6. British woman with migraine wakes up with French accent!!!
  7. Croatian girl wakes from coma speaking fluent German, but no Croatian!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment