Saturday, October 01, 2011

Abused Sri Lankan housemaids in Saudi Arabia cry for help...

"Please, sir... help us to go back to Sri Lanka," one woman after another cries and pleads over the phone from a detention centre in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

I cannot see these women but I hear them fighting to reach the mobile phone that belongs to the inmate that I am on the phone with.

Thangavelu Sarojini, a young Tamil woman, says she was tortured by her employer.

"I still have wounds and scars in my hands, neck, legs. They beat me, pinched me and burnt me," she says from the Olaya detention camp where hundreds of migrant women from south and southeast Asia are held.

Their crime, they say, was running away from employers to escape physical, sexual or psychological abuse. They are all now classified as illegal immigrants under Saudi law. Full story...

Don't miss:
  1. Sri Lankan maid held hostage for 14 years in Saudi Arabia!!! 
  2. A Nepali woman's ordeal in Saudi Arabia... 
  3. Saudi man kept maid under house arrest for 12 years... 
  4. Maid's horrible torture by Saudi woman shocks Indonesia... 
  5. Indonesian maid killed in Saudi Arabia and dumped on roadside...
  6. Abandoned Indian maid dies at Muscat airport...
  7. More and more maids in Kuwait being abused...
  8. Another Sri Lankan maid alleges nails were hammered into her body...
  9. Filipino maid in Saudi Arabia attacked with acid and stabbed to death... 

No comments:

Post a Comment