Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Polanski's defenders lose sight of the true victim...

The grand jury transcripts of the sex abuse case paint a far more damaging picture of the events that allegedly unfolded between the director and a 13-year-old girl at Jack Nicholson's home in 1977.

(...)

I'm reading this in the district attorney's office at the Los Angeles County Criminal Courts Building, digging through the Polanski file to refresh my memory of the infamous case, and my blood pressure is rising.

(...)

But I wish the renowned legal scholars Harvey Weinstein and Debra Winger, to name just two of Polanski's defenders, were here with me now. I'd like to invite Martin Scorsese, as well, along with David Lynch, who have put their names on a petition calling for Polanski to be freed immediately. Full story...

Don't miss:

  1. Anger at Hollywood petition demanding Polanski release...
  2. Reminder: Roman Polanski raped a child...
  3. Swiss justice minister explains the Polanski arrest(video)
  4. Polanski's arrest sparks shock, outrage...
  5. 40 years ago, the Charles Manson murders...
  6. Ted Kennedy got away with what most of wouldn't have...

No comments:

Post a Comment