Thursday, June 18, 2009

How Bangladesh treats the Rohingya refugees...

Thousands of unregistered Rohingya refugees living in the Kutupalong makeshift camp, Bangladesh, are being forcibly displaced from their homes, in an act of intimidation and abuse by the local authorities. The international medical organization Doctors Without Border/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has treated numerous people for injuries, of which the majority were women and children. Furthermore, MSF has witnessed countless destroyed homes and heard many reports of people being warned to remove their own shelters or face the consequences.

"I was working. When I went back to my shelter I found it totally destroyed," said a camp resident. "An inspector was there with nine or 10 people. I asked why they destroyed my house. They showed me a fish cutter and said, ‘If you say anything, I'll cut you.' " More...

See also:

  1. Sri Lanka, where State terrorism won and humanity lost...
  2. Thailand's shocking treatment of immigrants, refugees...
  3. Woman in Darfur describes Janjaweed massacre. Terribly sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment