Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why I eat meat (and why you should too...)

I started writing about food because I was tired of vegetarians and vegans telling me I should stop eating meat all together as my carnivorous consumption was inhumane and contrary to humanities’ evolution as a species. I eat meat. I will continue to eat meat. And I think you should too.

One of my quickest responses to the vegetarian/vegan anti-meat rhetoric is that if we were all vegetarians, there would be no fertilizer and then eventually no plants. If we only consumed plants, all the farmland now used to raise livestock would have to be used to raise edible plants, which could mean no livestock and in turn, no fertilizer from that livestock. In the long term, this would mean no plants. Or plants only raised on artificially produced fertilizers, which would also mean polluted waters. More...

See also:

  1. PETA slaughters 95% of adoptable pets?
  2. PETA: vegetarians have better sex!!!
  3. Thanksgiving? Not for the turkeys.
  4. McCartney and Global Warming: Become vegetarians?
  5. This is where your milk, beef and veal may be coming from...
  6. Kobe beef: massage and 6 bottles of beer a day before appearing on a dish...

No comments:

Post a Comment