Monday, December 29, 2008

Today I end my support of Israel...

Like davidminzer, I'm Jewish and descendant of holocaust survivors. Moreover, I've been a Zionist all of my life. I went to a Zionist school, I was active in Zionist youth groups. I've always been a fervent supporter of Israel as a refuge for Jews around the world who seek a place to exercise their traditions and embrace their identity in peace.

I sang the Israeli anthem in the train rails of Aushwitz-Birkenau and I pledged to fight every day of my life to make sure the savage crimes that had taken place there would never happen again. Every year I pledged: Never Again. Remember and Never forget.

Well, I haven't forgotten. And so to honor that pledge, to honor the memory of my family members who died in those death camps and because "there comes a time when silence is betrayal", today I finally and publicly end my support for the state of Israel.  More...

See also:

  1. Robert Fisk: Leaders lie, civilians die, and lessons of history are ignored...
  2. Israeli soldiers speak out against the Palestine occupation...
  3. Father, forgive me, I will not fight for your Israel...

No comments:

Post a Comment