Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wang Qianyuan: A "traitor" speaks to the mob that is lynching her...

I study languages -- Italian, French and German. And this summer -- now that it looks as though I won't be able to go home to China -- I'll take up Arabic. My goal is to master 10 languages, in addition to Chinese and English, by the time I'm 30.

I want to do this because I believe that language is the bridge to understanding. Take China and Tibet. If more Chinese learned the Tibetan language, and if Tibetans learned more about China, I'm convinced that our two peoples would understand one another better and we could overcome the current crisis between us peacefully. I feel that even more strongly after what happened here at Duke University a little more than a week ago. More...

See also: Wang Qianyuan: it used to be tars and feathers, but the mob can now lynch you on-line...

No comments:

Post a Comment